Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Beautiful Heart

I have said it many, many times and I will say it again....Riley has a beautiful heart.

Shortly after the loss of our sweet Alivia, Riley decided to continue to grow her hair so she could cut it and donate to "children who need a wig."

The time had come and she was ready for the big cut.

I was so proud. She sat in that chair telling her hair dresser all about Alivia, all about cancer and explained why it is important for people to donate hair and money.

I cried. I cried for the superficial loss of her hair, for Alivia and for the fact that my 6 year old daughter knows so much about loss.

She looks so cute with the new 'do

She is so proud of herself.

She is ready to grow it again so next June her and Auntie Chantal can get their hair cut together.


A beautiful, beautiful heart.

1 comment:

SugarMaple said...

Bless your beautiful girl xox