Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tomato

Copper cries a lot at school A LOT. The first thing out his mouth every morning is "do I have to go to school?" If I answer yes, he cries. All. Morning. Long. He cries at drop off. He cries during every transition through the day. He cries if any other parent comes to the school for any reason. He cries when I pick him up at the end of the day and says "I cried for you all day mama." It breaks my heart, but I know, this too shall pass. One thing he has taken great interest in at school is their garden. Specifically the tomatoes. He sits and picks baskets of them "to bring home for mama." When we get home he gives his tomatoes a bath "so mama can make soup."
Thank you red tomatoes, thank you green tomatoes, thank you rotten tomatoes for giving my baby something to smile about. I have no idea what we are going to do now that you are gone.

No comments: