Monday, March 16, 2009

March Break: Day Three

Original plan for today: Lunch and play date with our friends Drew, Christine, Lilly, Katie and Adam.

Our Reality: Many tears when I told Riley that we couldn't play with her friends anymore, fever of 100, cough and the horrible rash. We went to our family doctor today and he said the it was viral....her ears and chest are clear. We are to continue on the antibiotic that was given at the hospital because it wont hurt anything. I have been talking to my friend Tonja who is a doctor multiple times a day about Riley's symptoms and she too has always said it sounds viral. We had more tears when I told her that she could no longer do art camp on Tuesday and Wednesday. The highlights of our day was going to the farm to buy homemade brownies and playing on the swings for a short time. I am now racking my brains to find an activity that will be fun for Riley and Simon but not include any other children.

I tried to take a photo of some of her rash...the flash causes it to not look as red. Our poor little bean:(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my baby..... you are still beautiful ! Get well quick you need to teach me how to draw those beautiful flowers.

kateolijnyk said...

poor lamby. looks rough. hopefully it clears up soon. that's no fun. is she itchy too or just a rash?

she could always go have some starbucks or mcdonalds....

maybe make your own art camp?