Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cross another thing off of my life list...

I did it! I ran the Canada Day 5 K in Barrie. I started training in April following the couch potato to 5 k program. My goal was to to run three times a week....that didn't happen. I trained as much as possible for me and my family. I actually didn't run once in the two weeks leading up to the race...oops! My goal was to complete the race, not come in last and if possible complete in under 35 minutes. My finish time was 36:48 and I finished 167th out of 280 people.

The best part of the race was hearing Riley and Simon yelling "go mommy, go" as I was approaching the finish line. I am searching for my next 5k to race before our 'travel season' starts at the end of this month. It is my hope to be able to run a 10 k in the nearish (is that a word?) future.

The start line


And we are off....


Coming into the finish line, waving at my babies



All done!!! The specimen you see behind me won the 5 k in 16 minutes....now that's fast!

1 comment:

kateolijnyk said...

hooray!!!! way to go Amanda. I'm so glad you finished (and not in last place). keep it up.