Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Si Guy!



Wednesday was Simon's 3rd birthday. I know how cliche this is but....I really can not believe that he is three years old already. Time really does fly.

Simon requested an "under the sea" party for his birthday. I thought it was a great idea and it would be really easy to find decorations and such for the party...wrong again. Our local party store had nothing under the sea. I usually am quite organized with these things so I should have plenty of time to order off the internet...well not this time. It has been party central at our house so I was taking it one party at a time. This did not leave me enough time to order anything on-line. Time to get creative.

The loot pails.



The cupcakes.



The food included boiled octupus, ocean water, turtle eggs and sea plants.



It was so yummy Simon and his "goodmother" Nancy dipped in early.

The water games - water ballons, water squitters and the giant waterslide.






Time for dinner.





Pinata time....I personally do not understand this whole pinata thing...you buy and beautiful dolphin and then bash it to death with a stick??????





The candles.



I think they liked the cupcakes.





The gifts. Simon opened each gift then walked around the circle showing everyone just like he was doing show and share at school.





And the best part, spending time together.




1 comment:

P'nC said...

Looks like the party was fabulous! Congratulations. And I absolutely LOVE the food ideas. So cute.