Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A First

Monday night the kids had their first swimming lesson for this session. We got lucky and both the kids swim at the same time. Simon is in Parent and Tot 2 and this week Jason swam with him. He did a great job kicking his feet and blowing bubbles. His favourite thing to do is chase the ducks around the pool. He once was very relaxed about floating on his back but this week he wasn't into it.

Riley is in Preschool A...a big step for us as she swims without us (sigh). She did a great job and there were no tears...not from her anyway. It was a funny (for lack of a better word) feeling for me to be sitting WAY up in the viewing area, feeling nevous, scared, proud, excited and worried all at the same time. It was strange to be watching and know that I had no control over the situation. It was scary to know that she was in a pool with someone who I don't know and who also has 3 other children to watch.... I know, I know I've been told today by a friend from work, I'll get over it.

When we were at home getting ready to go swimming Riley put on her bathing suit and said to me "take my pictures, I'm a model"...so of course I did



Don't know where she learned those poses from...Jason?

No comments: