Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend in the city

We spent another weekend in Toronto while Jason was coaching the Provincial Team. It was action packed as usual.

We arrived Friday evening and while Jason was at practice the kids and I went to the park that is across the street from our hotel room.



Saturday I took the kids to Riverdale Farms. It is a lovely little farm in cabbage town. What a fantastic place! It is so funny to me how many people stare and make comments to me when I am out with all three kids on my own. "Are they all yours?" "Wow, you're busy." "You are one brave mommy." are the most frequent comments...haven't they ever seen a person pushing a double stroller with another child in the Baby Bjorn? O.K. maybe I deserve the stares....




After a little nap in the afternoon we headed to the beach to meet up with daddy and his team. From the beach we went to a really good restaurant on Queen St. called The Green Eggplant.

Sunday morning was rainy so while Jason had his last training session for the weekend the kids and I went to see the movie UP. The movie was great but a bit sad at times. The movie was in 3D and I am not sure what I enjoyed more watching the movie or watching Riley and Simon swat things away from their faces.

After the movie we went to our friends Al and Cachelle's for lunch. It was a wonderful way to wrap up a great weekend.

No comments: