Thursday, December 9, 2010

You Capture - Sweet

Before I start this weeks you capture I have a confession to make. I'm new to this, this is my second week, so when I had people comment on my photos last week who were not my best friends or my mother I jumped up and down in my kitchen. Thank you.

A huge thank you goes out to Rebekah for letting me know about Darcy and her 31 days to a better photo series tutorial. I have been reading and re-reading and re-reading the tutorial and I shot ALL OF MY YOU CAPTURES IN MANUAL!!!!!! USING THE ISO, SHUTTER SPEED, APERTURE..... I have a lot to learn and really need someone to follow me around and tell me what to do in each situation but I am trying and I am practicing. THANK YOU!

Now moving on to this weeks photo challenge...SWEET.

I captured sweet: Containing or derived from sugar

The yummy cafe mocha my sweet husband made for me with whip cream and a sweet Smartie.


One of my sweet boys, tasting a sweet treat.



And I captured sweet: Pleasing to the mind or feelings; gratifying

Simon outside playing in the mounds of snow we have gotten over the past three days. What makes this sweet? Buses were cancelled, for three days. What makes this even more sweet? My husband and I are both teachers.


My sweet girl, tobogganing down a sweet hill.


Looking at these photos on here they are too washed out...or something...any helpful tips for me?

For some serious photography skills check out other you captures here

8 comments:

Tiffany @ No Ordinary Homestead said...

Love the last shot of your daughter tobogganing!

Do you run them through photoshop? I always do that and get some good results. There are amazing free filter actions out there too which you can play around with and really make your photos pop.

Anonymous said...

Love the look on the little guy's face right before he gets the "sweet" taste - so happy! Beautiful photos!! :)

Teresa said...

That second picture with your son is just so devilishly delightful! How adorable!

C.G. Koens said...

I agree with Tiffany, both about the last shot being wonderful AND about using Photoshop. I take more manual photos now (thanks to You Capture), but I have also gotten a lot more comfortable with Photoshop and I love the results.

Anonymous said...

Great shots, seriously A Smartie in your hot mocha?

Alita said...

I agree with everyone on photoshop, too.

Oh what sweet pictures chica!

Candra Georgi said...

wow, that all looks like so much fun, we're having a little snow in Ohio, but not like that!

Renegades said...

Your coffee shot is really good. I always thought of coffee as bitter myself. :0

Shots of kids are sweet.