Wednesday, August 20, 2008

An Update on my Grandma

My poor grandma is still in the hospital, in fact we have been told that she will never be able to come home. Her official diagnosis is Chronic Heart Failure and she now requires 24 hour care. She will be in the hospital until a room at a home is available then she will move there. There are a lot of problems with this, the first being because of the amount of care she needs my grandfather is unable to go with her. I can't imagine after almost 60 years of marriage that they are now forced to live apart...so sad. I also can't get over the fact that she goes into the hospital and can never go to her house again. She doesn't get to pack her things, clean out her stuff, have time to say goodbye or even sit in that ugly red chair we all called Ruby. It's heartbreaking.

No comments: