Saturday, November 1, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

We had a great time trick or treating! Jason is away at a tournament so once again I was on my own. Our friends the Parker Family invited us to go and trick or treat with them....THANK YOU PARKER FAMILY!!!!!!! We went to their house early for some playtime and some dinner together. I was in charge of a veggie tray, here is my attempt at making the tray look like a jack-o-lantern. I have no idea why it keeps coming up sideways....




Having some pizza with Lilly, Katie, Adam, Ella and Mattie.



Ready to go



Trick or Treat!



Before leaving to go trick or treating I explained the etiquette of it. I told them about only to houses with lights on, staying together, saying trick or treat and thank you. I apparently forgot to mention that when people open the door, you don't go into their house. Simon visited a few people in their living rooms.

Simon and Katie have had enough for the night.



After all of fun with the Parker Family we headed over to visit friends of ours that we used to live beside, Art and Jo. It was so great to see them and to be back in the old neighbourhood. We didn't head home until 9:00, hours after regular bedtime. Riley fell asleep in the van and I managed to transfer her into bed, take off her costume and change her clothes. I did bedtime stories with Simon and he was in bed by 9:30, I had hope that this late bedtime would allow for a bit of a sleep in.....not so. I had my friendly 5:30 wake up time....UGH!!!!

No comments: