Sunday, January 4, 2009

Weekend Events

It was another jam packed weekend for our family. Friday morning we headed to McMaster Children's Hospital to visit with Alivia, Chantal and Craig. It was very sad to see all of those poor little peanuts suffering like that. Alivia has gone through a lot already and is going to go through a lot more over the next 8 -10 months. The tumour in her stomach is stage 4 cancer and measures 12x12x8. The original plan was to start chemo mid-week but the plan changed and she started today. She will have to go through 8 rounds of chemo, each round lasts 21 days. I can't imagine what Chantal and Craig are going through. I can't look at Riley or Simon without getting teary eyed thinking that it easily could be us. I know in my heart that she will pull through this with flying colours. I love you peanut.

After Hamilton we continued on to Welland. Jason was coaching at a volleyball tournament at Niagara College all weekend. My mom and I got up Saturday morning and headed to Niagara Falls. First stop was the outlet mall...of course my kids got spoiled. Both got new flannel sheets and Riley got a new blanket. Nee Nee let them pick whatever they wanted so now we have sheets with cars on them and sheets with Disney princess on them. I certainly would not have made those choices but they were both so happy and excited. I couldn't put a damper on things by suggesting something a bit more stylish. Thank you Nee Nee, they love their new sheets...maybe Simon will stay in them past 5:00 a.m.

After our little shopping trip we went to the butterfly conservatory. I love it there, so calm and peaceful.

Trying to be still so a butterfly lands on them.





Butterfly success!



A rare photo with me in it.




Our afternoon was filled with lunch at the flying saucer, naps and visiting Memere in the hospital. In the evening Jason and I snuck out for a little date...we both realize that it will be a long, long time before we get any adult time in once the babe arrives.

Sunday we got back it with going to the gym to see daddy coach, shopping again...this time for me...I needed to shop for all those unmentionables that one needs after giving birth:)out for lunch again and visiting with Memere. We arrived back in Barrie at 7:00 just on time for bed. It was a fun weekend and we both realized on the way home that next time we see my family we will be a family of 5!!!

1 comment:

P'nC said...

I love your comment about the "stylish" sheets. No matter how much to try to fight it, it will always come back to cars and princesses won't it?

So glad to hear you had a great visit in Niagara this weekend, and that you were able to see Chantal and family. My goodness..

All the best to you,
P