Thursday, January 14, 2010

11 months.....a little....no....A LOT LATE




Yes, Cooper has been 11 months for almost....a month. I have been meaning to do this post but something has been stopping me. Emotionally I am a mess. Big changes are happening in this house and I'm not handling them well. I am going to high jack this Cooper post for a brief minute to get a few things off my chest. My little baby is turning one, this makes me sad, REALLY sad. I know all the good things that are to come but, I want my little squishy baby. Turning one comes with big things like turning his car seat around to forward facing, I can't bring myself to do this yet...I have few days before he actually turns one. Riley is turning FIVE in a few short months. FIVE. FIVE. FIVE. It seems so big, it seems so grown up. She no longer fits well in her five point seat belt, she needs to be using a regular seat belt. THE ONE THAT ADULTS USE. Simon, our sweet Simon all of a sudden has grown up too. He can do his own buttons, put on his own socks and he STANDS UP TO PEE. When did this happen? How do I stop it?


Back to Cooper, turning 11 months 3 and a half weeks ago.


There are so many things to say, so many things remember about what he has learned this month. I will start with some of his favourite things to do...

Play the piano


Play the drums


Play hockey



Climb




Feed himself


He is beginning to say words. He has been saying mom-mom, and dada for a while and has recently added oh-oh, nana (banana), hi and we are pretty sure he is saying iley (Riley) and up.

He is a funny little boy and loves to be laughed at. He loves running around the house screaming with Riley and Simon.

I am so in love with his laugh, his smile, his kisses, the way he stretches and sticks out his little bum after his night time nursing, the way he points his little finger, his toddle walk, how he plays with my hair when he nurses, how when he finishes nursing he pokes my belly button and giggles, how any time he sees a bare belly he zerberts it, the way his face lights up when Riley walks into the room. We love you Cooper with all our hearts, although we are sad you are growing so quickly we have big plans for our future together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn it Hubbard! Stop! You made me cry-especially with that last bit! : )

Anonymous said...

How weird it feels to have your own baby (Manda) feeling the way I felt about 33 years ago....The things Mom's go through...... but it is sure worth it! Hang in there baby - it stays good forever, just in different ways. Mommy-o