Thursday, January 7, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

It feels a little silly saying that our life is busy, I say it all the time and feel silly each time I say it. But....I will say it again, life has been busy. There are things on this blog I hoped to have done by now like...Cooper's 11 month post and to continue the pictures of the kids at each month....it will get done....maybe tonight when the kids are all asleep and Jason has gone to volleyball. MAYBE.

I am stealing these few minutes for a quick update while Cooper naps, Riley and Simon play quietly together and my floor is half swept.

We have been playing out in the snow. I have decided that Cooper is at the worst possible age for winter. Now that he knows how to walk that's all he wants to do but can't in this snow. Going outside has been....interesting.



Outfitting the kids in ski gear and new skates. We bought Riley a new pair of skates last year, she wore them a couple of times and they are too small this year. BOO!! Ski lessons start on Tuesday and I can not wait to sit in the chalet with Cooper and watch my bunnies come down the hill. Apparently Riley is all set for spring skiing.


What else have we been doing...
.... working in the laundry room. Poor Jason, I seem to come up with a new idea to add on daily. We now have a cell phone, GPS etc... built-in charging station. We are almost finished the first side and it looks awesome.
.... arguing with a winter boot company. Nothing like spending almost 200.00 on two pairs of boots to make sure your kids feet stay warm and dry and after 20 minutes in the snow their feet are wet.
...volunteering in Riley's classroom
...taking the kids to the open swims on days that are not freezing cold
...planning our weekend in Ottawa
...having friends over for dinner
...booking Cooper and my trip to Whistler
...having a major set back in Cooper's night sleeping. He was down to waking about 4 times a night (I know how brutal that statement is). After our travels over the break things got worse, he is now up about 10 times a night. Coffee has become my best friend.
...preparing for Cooper's first birthday party


We have a great weekend planned with friends coming over for dinner, skating at our neighbourhood rink and a trip to Ikea to buy another shelving unit to hold all these toys Santa brought.

Off to finish sweeping that floor and packing to go swimming. Have a great day!

2 comments:

kateolijnyk said...

Have you tried coop with the stonz boots. I love them and it can walk no prob in them. Word of advice on sizing - they run small. I got med for izzy - they say up to size 6 but she is maybe a 5 and they are just the right size. Can buy them online. Cdn made too

Anonymous said...

Riley is always styling