Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Reality

I was reading a blog last night that I frequently read. I do not know this woman, she is as they say a "mommy blogger." She was writing about reality. The reality of what her life would look like if you watched through her window.

I was thinking about that last night while I was up with Coop. What would my life look like if you looked through our windows right now.

My reality....

It's 9:00 am on a Tuesday morning.

Jason is gone to work.

Riley is colouring at the table, she is in the dress she wore to school yesterday because she wanted to sleep in it.

Simon is colouring beside her, still in his P.J.'s. He is melting down repeatedly because he can not draw the perfect butterfly.

Cooper is still in his P.J.'s too. Well, half of them anyway. I changed him this morning and didn't put his pants back on. He is sitting on the floor throwing books out of the basket.

I am in my P.J.'s...well red P.J. pants and one of Jason's old t-shirts. I have reheated the same cup of coffee three times already.

My kitchen is littered with breakfast dishes...most with half eaten food still on them. The rest of the house is clean (because of house showings) if you don't look under the bed where I stashed the pound of laundry I have not gotten to yet. Or you don't look in the far back corner of our closet where I stashed the clean but unfolded laundry.

There is fake food sprawled across my kitchen floor because Simon and Cooper had a picnic this morning.

Now, come on, I know you lurkers are out there, I have over 16000 hits on this blog yet only 3 people ever comment. Tell me what would your reality look like if I peeked through your windows?

3 comments:

kateolijnyk said...

Hmm today is maybe not a good day to look in our window.

House looks like a tornado went through it. I have no energy to clean up - I was up barfing all night.

Bree was at school all AM and came home in a bad mood. Seems like a late night at graduation was harder on us than we thought. She is supposed to be having a sleep this aft but I don't think I'll be that lucky.

Izzy is down for nap 2 today. This is a rare occurrence. Has been fighting a bug all week. Hope we are done with it.

I think I'll continue to watch glee from last night and let the house wait a little bit longer....

Kara said...

Actually, despite the usual clutter of our home, today is a good day to look through our window. And it's all because of that miracle woman you introduced us to a few years ago - Nicole! What did we ever do without her?! Today she even tried to clean up Paul's workbench (arrghh!), so believe it or not, a tiny corner of our garage is presentable!

Can you remember what your life was like before your three little loveys who contribute to the "reality" of your home? Would you ever want to go back to that consistently spotless house? Didn't think so! : )

ps-our house will be back to normal in a day or so!

kateolijnyk said...

ah, today is a much better day to look through my window. come on over :)

house has been cleaned by Norma this morning. My favourite day.

both kids are sleeping this aft. The pool has been filled up and ready for some swimmers after their naps.

i have food in the fridge for dinner and it's the friday of a long weekend.