Thursday, June 17, 2010

The best laid plans

Wednesday was class trip day. Riley was going to the aquarium and the park, my class was going as well and Simon was going to the Elmvale Zoo. We had a plan. A very complicated, exhausting plan...but a plan. The plan would have allowed both Jason and I to part of both of their year end trips.

Wednesday morning came and there was a thunderstorm. We arrived at Simon's school to find out that his trip was postponed and Riley's teacher and I made the call to cut our trip in half and only attend the aquarium and to move our Wendy's picnic to Wendy's. Parks and zoo's are no fun in the pouring rain.

As you can imagine, our perfect plan was in shambles.

Here is Simon as proud as can be in his new rain gear (thanks Nee Nee) ready to conquer the zoo. He was a very disappointed little fireman once he heard the trip was postponed.


Riley enjoying the aquarium.






I had a hard day with my special little class. My heartbreaks for many of them. Shoes with holes, inappropriately dressed, shoes that don't fit, no snacks, just a total lack of hygiene and care. The behaviours are many, can I blame them...no, I can't. It pains me to know that I can do nothing to help them in their living situation. I will never understand a parent being selfish. I will never understand a parent having an iphone, wearing Lululemon and smoking before they cloth and feed their children. I wish I could just shake them and wake them up. They need to realize what they have. How they have been blessed. How lucky they are. How many people would do anything, pay anything, go anywhere to have what they have. I just will never understand.

No comments: