Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Yes, I can handle it

So. Riley and Simon have been asking to go for a sleepover at Nee Nee's house "without me" for a long time. This past weekend, it happened. Nee Nee came up to Barrie and drove them back to Welland. I'm not going to lie, it was hard.....on everyone. Riley phoned me 15 minutes after leaving to tell me she missed me. I missed them already too. There were many other phone calls too.

They had an action packed with Nee Nee going to parks, crafting and shopping their hearts out. Nee Nee once again indulged their every want. We are thankful.

Jason, Cooper and I had a quiet weekend cleaning the house for an open house, dealing with some of the issues we are having with the builder and writing report cards. We did take some time from reality on Saturday morning to enjoy a hot latte at Starbucks and some quiet time at Chapters.

It really is funny how 'easy' one kid was. Five years ago we thought one kid was busy....we didn't know what busy was. I am sure my friends with four plus kids think the same about us with ONLY three kids.

Sunday morning Jason, Cooper and I met everyone in Niagara Falls at Birds Of The Lost Kingdom. We had the chance to touch the reptiles.




Visit the nocturnal animals.


Watch the birds fly freely.








Feed, and be pooped on by some birds.





And of course, the gift shop.





Thank you Nee Nee for the weekend. Although we missed Riley and Simon like crazy it was good for us. For all of us.

No comments: