Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of School

This morning was filled with many emotions in our house. Jason and I both dreading going back to work mixed with excitment for Riley and Simon's first day. Also, nervousness for the kids first day back at it. Last year Riley had a hard time adjusting to being away from me...there were tears...a lot of tears, not sure what this year would bring. Our little man was leaving us for the first time...so many fears, will he be ok? Will Riley boss him around all day? Will he tell his teachers that he has to go to the washroom? Will he listen?

Here they are ready for the first day of school.







I am happy to report that Riley and Simon did not shed a tear this morning when I dropped them off. I can not say the same for me though. In fact, in the car Riley was telling Simon that he had to be brave and not get sad when mommy went to work. I am sure she was saying it for her own benefit. They both walked right in and settled down to colouring before I was even out the door.

Grandpa picked them both up at lunch time and found them both playing with friends outside and riding their bikes. They had a lunch with grandma and grandpa and then grandpa took them home for their naps. When I got home from school everyone was happy and excited. Riley tells me that they played basketball, coloured, painted and read a Franklin story. Simon told me they did days of the week, played with new friends and rode bikes. We are so pleased that day number one went so well, one can only hope this is the start of tear free drop offs.

No comments: