Thursday, September 18, 2008

Operation Impossible?

This weekend Jason and I are attempting to complete a seemingly impossible task. Thank goodness my mom suggested she take the kids for the weekend...the task seems a little less impossible now. We are going to try to clean out our basement!!!!! We have to do this in order to move our office down there, the office will become the baby's room. Now, that may seem easy for some, but let me tell you a little of what is in our basement. We can completely stock a kindergarten, grade one, grade two, grade three and grade four classroom. Half of the contents of my mother's house are being stored down there until she moves into her condo. Jason is a pack rat, I think I have finally convinced him that he no longer needs his books and notes from university...we all know he didn't use them when he was there, why start now?

I am driving Riley and Simon to the IKEA is Hamilton Friday morning. My mom will meet us there and take the kids for the weekend. We will drive back down on Sunday night to pick them up. I am feeling a little excited, a little worried and a little nervous about them being gone for the weekend. I know they are in great hands but being away from them is hard for me. I am looking forward to being in our house for the very first time on my own. We have lived here for almost three years and I have NEVER been here by myself.

I was going to post a before picture for you but I have just realized that my camera is in the van and Jason is gone to volleyball. I will try to post one later. Wish us luck in our mission.

No comments: