Thursday, December 25, 2008

Food and Drink

We only had four adults in the house and one of them can not consume any festive drinks but let me tell you the other three did a great job. Bailey's, champagne and bottles and bottles and bottles of wine. In fact, I came down stairs after putting the kids down for a nap and Jason and my mom tried to convince me that they opened a bottle of wine that said "consume before 3:00 on it."

As for food, I guess I thought I was feeding an army. I bought a 23lbs turkey, potatoes, turnip, stuffing, peas, mushrooms, cabbage rolls, meat pie and homemade baked beans. Seeing that kids haven't eaten in 9 days because they are still sick and I can only consume a very small amount of food we have a ton of leftovers. Here is our Christmas dinner.

This is the one time of year I wish we didn't convert our dinning room into a playroom.


I also baked a cake for Baby Jesus' Birthday.


1 comment:

P'nC said...

23 lbs! Holy cow! I am coming to your house for Christmas dinner next year!

I hope you are feeling ok. I can only imagine what you are going through physically right now. I hope you get the opportunity to put your feet up and take it a little easy and rest.

And I forgot to let you know that the decorations in Abby's room are stickers (peel and remove/restick vinyl) from Hip In a Hurry (Hipinahurry.com). They have a ton of designs and they sell them in our Michael's stores here in NJ.

Merry Christmas!