Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Prayers, Positive Thoughts...whatever you got.

We received absolutely heart breaking news on Boxing Day....my dearest friend for the past 20 years Chantal, has a daughter Alivia who is three years old. She was complaining of tummy aches. Chantal noticed that her stomach looked swollen so she took her to the hospital, after blood work and ultrasounds they were sent to another hospital for more tests, from there they were quickly sent to McMaster hospital in Hamilton. The little angel has been diagnosed with Neuroblastoma, an aggressive form of cancer. She under went surgery in order for them to take a biopsy to determine what stage they are in. She also has had a shunt inserted in order to start chemo. Things are very fragile with her right now.

My heart is broken for Chantal, Craig, Alivia and their two older boys Mathieu (my godson) and Andrew. I cannot imagine the heartache and pain they must be going through. How does this happen to a sweet 3 year old? Why does this happen?

Please keep them in your thoughts. They will pull through this I know they will. I am hoping to drive to Hamilton on Friday to visit with them and attempt to help out in anyway I can.

We love you Liv. Stay strong.

Riley and Alivia days after Liv was born.



Riley and Alivia at the Great Wolf Lodge