Monday, December 1, 2008

When it rains, it pours!!!!

My poor family has gone through a lot of heartache in the past couple of years and it sure hasn't slowed down any lately. Starting with my aunt who got West Nile Encephalitis....yes, from a bug bite....yes, it can happen to you too. The next was my uncle who was diagnosed with cancer, my other uncle passed very suddenly from a massive heart attack last year. Most recently my grandma was admitted into the hospital and has never come out nor will she ever come out, she has been diagnosed with Chronic Heart Failure. To continue on with this new family trend my mother's husband has been diagnosed with stage three cancer in his lymph channels. This diagnosis is fairly new so they are still under going CT scans, MRI's etc... to determine the rate of growth. Unfortunately, no doctor in the Niagara region is equipped to deal with his severe case so they are going back and forth to Hamilton 3-4times a week to complete all of his testing. All tests are supposed to be completed by December 9th and he has an appointment to discuss his options...hmmmmm...not sure I like that word options????

No comments: