Sunday, April 25, 2010

My poor sweet Coop

The image plays over and over in my head. The sound will never be forgotten. The guilt I feel is huge.

Saturday evening I was bathing all three kids while Jason was making dinner. They had a long day of playing outside and needed a good scrub. While I was helping Riley and Simon into our bathtub, Cooper walked into the shower. I turned to get him out, he took one step toward me and fell. HARD. Out of the shower. His chin smacked down onto the ceramic floor. Screams (his, mine and Simon's). Blood, lots of blood. I grabbed him, told Riley and Simon to get out of the bath and ran downstairs with Coop to get Jason. We needed to go to the hospital. We loaded everyone in and headed to Collingwood (I will never go to the hospital in Barrie again). The doctor said that it wasn't too bad, it hadn't broken all the way through the skin. he decided to glue it anyway to help with healing and scaring. Coop needed to be held down. That is NOT my department. Jason and a nurse helped out while I tried to stop Riley from crying. It took seconds, a little glue and few terry strips and he was all fixed up.

The guilt. I know deep down inside that it wasn't my fault BUT the guilt is huge. My poor sweet boy.

No comments: