Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Solution....

I hate potty words. I find nothing funny about Simon saying poop or toot ten thousand times a day. Although, I do have to give him credit he is getting very creative with getting the potty words in like "Mama I have to go to the washroom to POOP," or "tooty-mcfruity," or my all time favourite he sings the song The Lion Sleeps Tonight and instead of singing the lyric "Ee-e-e-um-um-a-weh" he sings "bum-bum-bum-bum-all day."
I decided that I would ignore it. He liked getting a reaction out of me a little too much. BUT, there are places that it just can not be ignored, like the dinner table. So, I told him that if he uses potty words at the table, he goes and sits on the potty. He thought that was pretty funny until it happened....


He was completely mortified. He was even more mortified when I came to take his picture on the potty. Just wait until he is old enough to realize the picture and story is now on the internet. So far, we have had a poop, toot, burp, bum free table......at least for now.

No comments: