Thursday, November 25, 2010

Alice In Wonderland

Last week I took Nee Nee and the kids to see a local theatre group (which Riley desperately wants to be part of, but you have to be 6 years old) preform Alice In Wonderland.


The theatre was packed and a group of woman from a local retirement home sat behind us. They were NOT impressed with me coming to the theatre "with so many young children" because "they never would have done that with their children", because "you know, they may disrupt the show" and because "they are so happy they are done with this stage of life."


I am becoming more vocal with people who feel the need to comment on "all my children," because "are they all yours?" but this time, I was good, I smiled and nodded until....

All three of my children sat perfectly still and perfectly quiet for the entire show. Then I may or may not have made a comment about "all these children, all being mine, all sitting still, not making a sound, and being so happy that I am in this stage of life."

For the record, all the photos were taken before the show started...no cameras allowed during the show.

2 comments:

P'nC said...

you go girl! (and so glad to hear the kids behaved well during the show!) :)

kateolijnyk said...

Nice! Sounds like the crabby American couple we had in front of us on the way to Australia for a thousand hours...."that girl better not kick my seat!"