Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me - Part One

I can not even being to explain how great my birthday week was....and yes, the surprises and spoiling lasted almost an entire week.

The week started off with kid dates. I had one on one time with Riley and Simon. Shopping, having lunch and enjoying ice cream. One on one time in our family doesn't happen very often with our schedules so I cherish any time I get one on one with them. Thank you for this time Jason.

The morning of my birthday started off with love notes, speciality coffee and a ton of love.


It was a work and school day for the kids and I, so off we went. At school I was treated to coffee, cards, chocolates and earrings from my friends at work. My friend Nancy, whom I also share a classroom with, told our students that it was my 50th birthday. I was showered with apples and many Happy 50th Birthday cards. They sang Happy Birthday to me and added in the, are you one, are you two, are you three... they counted all the way to 50!!!!!!! They would not believe me that I am not 50. Thanks Nance!!!!!!!!!

When we got home there was martinis, balloons, party hats, Indian food and wine for dinner, several art projects and homemade cards.



After dinner we took a little break from eating and I opened presents. New mixing bowls.....much needed. The kids said they chose them so mommy can do more baking for them. Then the BIG one a Canon SLR camera. I couldn't believe it!!!! I have been admiring one for a long time, but they are crazy expensive, I felt so spoiled.




We had a fun time wearing our party hats.





What can I say?? Boys will be Boys?


Jason parents joined us for cake and coffee. The spoiling continued with a new pair of earrings.





What a great day!!!! And....it has only just begun.....more to come....

No comments: