Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me - Part Two {the new camera edition}

As part of the celebration Jason booked us a night away. We had arranged for my mom to come up for the weekend to be with the kids and we had planned to get away for 24 hours. Enter hockey pictures, hockey game and a birthday party at the movie theatre...our 24 hours was quickly slipping away.


We drove to Blue Mountain and checked into our hotel at the Westin at about 5:00pm on Sat. We had a great room with a great view.




Now, let me tell you, Jason thought of EVERY. LAST. LITTLE. DETAIL. We went for a walk around the village and into all the shops with a Starbucks in hand. If I looked at it and said I liked it, he bought it.



We headed back to our room and enjoyed a bottle of wine. As I was wondering what to wear for our dinner reservation he pulled out a bag full of clothing for me. A-MAZ-ING!

I took a shower and when I got out there was a new bath robe waiting for me. Seriously. I can't make this stuff up.

We had a great time at dinner, enjoying martini's, appatizers, wine and a full dinner. We even had uninterputed conversation....it's been a long, long time.

I was told that dessert was taken care of. We headed back to the hotel and this was there.....yummy.




We had an {almost} uninterputed night of sleep. No kids woke us up, but...both the boys usually have us up between 3:00 and 4:00am. So, naturally both of us woke up shortly after 3:00am. We slept in until 7:30!!!!! Then we laid in bed and watched T.V.

We had a great breakfast then we headed to Le Scandinave for the baths.




HEAVEN. ON. EARTH.

After a few hours there we both felt ready to get home to the kids. I know there will be a time when we can go away for a week without them, but, I know it's not now, not yet.

Thank you Jason for the most amazing birthday ever. I am the luckiest person alive! Thank you Nee Nee for taking the kids and THANK YOU for keeping them so active that they all went to bed by 7:00pm.

1 comment:

P'nC said...

Is there any chance your husband could have a talk with my husband? Give him some pointers? :)

Wow - looks like you had a wonderful, and very well deserved, time!