Monday, November 21, 2011

Experience

It is my wish as a mother to experience. Experience life WITH my kids. Experience life THROUGH my kids eyes. Experience is learning, laughter, FUN.
My mother gets this. This was her wish for my brother and I too. We never had a lot of money growing up, we never had a big house, fancy clothes or cars. We had each other. We had those trips every year as our family of three. The trips my mother had to save all year for. We had experience.
As my brother and I got older we continued to work hard in order to experience. The going to university full time and working 30 hour weekends at a group home so Jason and I could experience Europe for 10 weeks. My brother lives the true experience. He could not care less about stuff. It means nothing to him. He lives hard. Skiing, biking, surfing and traveling.
For my birthday, my mom treated the kids and I (Jason couldn't get the time off work) to a night at the water park. It was once again an amazing time. The kids ran up the stairs and came rocketing out of those watersides with huge smiles on their faces.
Riley and Simon quickly found little friends to race, jump the waves, and swing with.
We ate in the restaurants and had cereal from little boxes. Without a care in the world.
We shared cakes, candles and Happy Birthday songs.
We were amazed at the magic and even had the chance to be part of it.
The experience was beautiful, the memories are forever. We are thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG - I love my little family, and I love that I am part of their experiences in life. What else is there?