Monday, February 22, 2010

13 Months

Cooper,

I say this every month and I am going to say it again....I can not believe how fast time is going by. You sure do keep us on our feet. We really can do without all the climbing, especially since it's getting worse. I mean, we thought this was bad enough...



Until we saw this....


and climbing onto the train table? Seriously, I still can not figure out how you got up there. I do wish I had a camera close by to get that photo but I'm sure I will have many more opportunities.

You are our little hockey player. Constantly have a stick in your hand and will use anything as a puck. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a 13 month old that says hockey. Who knows maybe you'll be the next Sidney Crosby? That is if mommy's nerves can take you even playing that sport.


As we watch you with Riley and Simon we see that you are not going to pushed around by your older brother or sister. You are confident and strong BUT I'm sure that they would understand you telling them no without the screaming and flying smack to the head you give them. Honestly, they are really good listeners.

Today when we were at an activity a lady was watching you walk around and talk. She came to me and said that you looked like an old soul, wise beyond your years. I think she's right. You just get it. When someone is crying you are right there to rub their back or offer them your half eaten food. When someone asks for a hug or a kiss you are right there covering them in your sloppy kisses. You are amazing.





You are your mama's boy. Right now I am convinced that if I would let you (which I wont) you would be one of those freaky kids that were on 60 minutes that nurses until they are 8. You are obsessed. I thought Riley was obsessed but you got her beat by a long shot.


We love you Coopy. You give us such joy and excitement everyday. One of our goals as parents is to see the world through the eyes of our children, your eyes give us a whole new perspective.

3 comments:

SugarMaple said...

What a fabulous post, Amanda - another in the long line of treasures for all three of your miracles to enjoy down the road. You are amazing!

kateolijnyk said...

such nice things to say about your sweet boy. You and Jason have done an amazing job raising those kids - they are what they are because of you guys. I'm sure it makes you sad to see him growing up so fast before your eyes.
btw - i CAN'T get over the climbing!

Kara said...

That was beautiful Amanda!