Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Our B.C. Adventure - Day Two

Day two started off with doing some logistical things.....grocery shopping for food for Coop etc....

After we got the boring stuff out of the way we headed to the Olympic Oval. The security was insane! Large bannered fences, security people, helicopters, fighter jets, man holes and sewers bolted down with large steal bars. Needless to say we couldn't get too close. I did manage a few photos but I was that whacked out tourist standing in precarious places to get a photo.





After the Oval I dragged my poor Aunt and Uncle all the way to the Lululemon Outlet Store. I did make a few purchases, one of them was for Jason and when I gave it to him he replied "why the hell would anyone spend that much money on a pair of jogging pants."

We then started our drive to Whistler. My aunt and uncle were nice enough to drive with me. That Sea to Sky highway or Sea to Die highway as it was referred to as is stupid, insane, out of control. It's even worse then normal because they have made it into a four lane highway instead of it's normal two lane by LINING EACH LANE WITH YELLOW METAL POLES. I did take a picture while driving (yes, not smart) but this photo doesn't give it any justice.


We made a stop at one of the view points. More clouds and rain:)



Made it Whistler on time for dinner. We ate at Splitz Burger in the village. I ordered 4 Splitz combos as Ryan left work to join us for dinner and it cost me $85.00. Now, the burgers were good, great in fact but $85.00?????????

After we filled our bellies we toured the village admiring all the lights.




My Aunt and Uncle headed back to Vancouver and Cooper and I hung out with my brother at work until he was done at 8:00pm. I spent most of time trying to explain to Ryan why I did not want to go bungee jumping while I was there, I didn't care how much a deal he could get me. I will admit, I did think about doing it several times while I was there but the bottom line is I'm a chicken.

No comments: